Proposal Engineer (English)
Canusa-CPS, Bergeijk, The Netherlands
Canusa-CPS (a Shawcor company) supplies a wide variety of products and systems used for onshore and offshore pipeline corrosion and thermal protection, specifically at the weld area. Known for its advanced heat-shrinkable products technology for field weld joint protection, Canusa-CPS also manufactures and supplies liquid epoxy-based coatings for joint protection and rehabilitation plus adhesives for pipeline coatings. Shawcor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
The successful candidate will fill the role of ‘Junior Proposals Engineer’ responsible for the support of sales and business development activities throughout a broad range of countries. Reporting to the Global Offshore Business Manager, the candidate will initially support sales personnel with assembling technical and commercial proposals, supporting test and approval programs, support of ongoing project works and provision of technical assistance to sales administration staff. As the candidate familiarizes with the role and demonstrates core understanding of the business requirements, they will manage and eventually lead pre-qualification trials and client demonstrations.
- Evaluation of technical/commercial documents as part of the RFQ process
- Assembly of commercial and technical proposals complete with margin analysis and profitability assessments
- Project management support for global projects involving internal/external technical & commercial follow-up
- Organization of product demonstrations, project qualification & laboratory test programs
- Project tracking and record keeping
- Back-up support for technical field service, sales administration staff & project site support activities
- Graduate or newly- graduated with 1-3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or HNC/HND, with background in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or similar.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, considered of high importance due to the international nature of the function. Experience in technical writing desirable.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to complete programs in a timely and organized manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated inter-personal skills and willingness to operate within a team. Able to develop and nurture internal relationships with many disciplines to achieve objectives. Able to motivate persons not reporting to him/her to complete tasks.
- Knowledge of corrosion and electrochemistry and keen interest in Oil & Gas industry
- Strong fundamental commercial skills and instincts, with customer-focused approach to all efforts
- Entrepreneurial approach with focus on “getting the job done”
- Willingness for moderate level of international business travel (4-8 weeks per year, to locations as required)
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and motivation letter to the following email address: HRBergeijk@dhatec.nl in attention to Mr. Arjan van Diest, HR Manager.
Acquisition by recruitment agencies will not be appreciated.